Home Technical Talk

Problem with displacement in corners on Zbrush

Hello! I'm having a problem when I do a displacement in Zbush with in objects that have a sharp corner. I put some image as example with a cube.
In my situation I'm trying to do a crystal shader, so I create un maya the object, export to Zbrush, sculpt some scratchs, and create a Displacement map in Multimap exporter. My problem is, when I render in Arnold, I discover that the corners of the shape have some kind of deformation/inflation, then in photoshop I see that my displacement have some light areas in where would be the corners of the objects, I suscpect that this is the proplem. I attach some captures to show that happend.

In this example, This is the cube that I export from Zrush since subdivision 1.

This this the example where I sculpt some random lines. In the right side you can see my multimap export configuration

This is the displacement map that I have.

as you see, in the corners, I have that kind of deformation

other perspective.
I hope if someone can help me. Thank you so much!

Replies

• obloquy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    obloquy polycounter lvl 5
    Whats your zb multimap export settings look like?  Is "smooth uvs" turned on before you export?  

I've had artifacts like this happen before in arnold and vray when I haven't turned smooth uvs on.  Hope you found a solution
  • AlberMR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my settings is like appear in the second image. Actually the most similar like a solution its create a morph target, after sculp, re-import low sub with the original version, switch morph target and paint in the corners with morph brush, this wai i can sharp the corners wirh the original version. More or less, i have better results