Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Want to create a Dark Souls style boss fight with high visual fidelity (programmers highly needed)

JordanTrepanier3d
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
JordanTrepanier3d polycounter lvl 3

Hey, I'm a generalist with industry experience wanting to put into practice pipelines and apply myself to solve interesting emergent problems. I've a lot of experience in various fields (3d Modelling, Animation, Tech Art/Tech Animation, Programming) . I'm looking for all varieties of people, from high skilled and experienced to juniors looking for their way into the industry (which they can use this as very applicable experience).

With that said, I'd like to create a dark souls style boss fight up to the quality it could be mistaken for a AAA game when seen out of context. Basically a small scoped 5-10 minute encounter that looks and plays really well. This is not planned as a full game project as of this moment (but may change if enough people are interested and things go well), it is mainly for seeing if something like this could work considering the moderately appropriate scope and have something that could be pitched to investors or kickstarted if all went well.

The idea is to have a game scene closely mimicking dark souls in gameplay (with some mechanics twists to impress an audience), while maintaining a look well above Indie levels, that could potentially go viral and be the basis of a kickstarter. The Boss Monster is already 90% finished, he's a project I've been picking up and dropping off the past year.

This would appeal to any Juniors or people looking to break into the video game industry, as I'll be taking a mentorship role in some aspects that aren't as commonly taught with regards to pipelines and art direction (source control and engine integration). As well it will provide excellent portfolio pieces due to the standard required. We'll be using unreal engine so if you're looking to learn that this is a good opportunity as well.

JordanT#3417 on Discord if you're interested.
You can see some of my older work here: https://www.artstation.com/thirstynerd
It's all quite outdated at this point but it is what it is.