Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I need some help and feedback on my university project idea

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Hi guys

I am currently working on a university project which i need some feedback and opinions to help make it better

Project idea :

I will be working on creating an environment scene called the secret whishing pool which will also be an environment asset pack in ue4 that will allow the user to use the assets and materials provided in the ue4 file to make their own simple forest. Asset pack will include a set of trees , set of rocks , set of foliage and I will also be making a set of materials in substance designer such as grass , rocks and dirt for the landscape

for my hero piece I will be working on sculping a tree in Zbrush and creating lowpoly for it in Maya and finally I will be looking into different ways to create water in ue4 , make particle effects such as dust and fog , set up materials for blending textures on landscapes ( such as grass , rock and dirt ) and make master materials in ue4

For presentation I will use the asset pack to make a small scene in ue4 to try and show the assets made as well as possible and I will also render the sets on their own.

to describe and explain the whishing pool scene more , ill make a small landscape in ue4 with a pool of water in the middle . small rocks and foliage around the pool , ill either have the hero piece tree in the middle of the pool or on the side and outside the pool with the branches and leaves over the pool , ill make a small wall on the background with rocks and landscape and place trees on the top of the edge/wall , ill also use the tree set and foliage to fill in the sides of the scene

then ill have volumetric fog and light to simulate lights shinning through the leaves from the top of the edge , onto the main tree which will be placed lower than the edge of wall on the background ( if any of these makes sense lol sorry )

Miro board https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kv-87wM=/

Additional idea i need help with :

something i though that would make this project better is if the hero piece tree was made in a way that allow the user to move and rotate the branches and roots, so for example if they wanted to make their own scene using this asset pack they are able to place the tree on a flat surface or even a rock and move the roots to match the shape of the surface , in conclusion something like a rigged tree but inside ue4, but i have no idea where to begin or if this is even possible

Also any feedback on the over all project idea would be really appreciated :)

Update:

I have finished my asset pack and made an environment in UE4 

Final asset pack contains 3 different trees which I used to populate the forest and the background of the scene 

I made three different rocks , large , medium and small 

8 different foliage/plants 

Hero piece tree and water material 

Fog particles 

Landscape Texture : for the landscape i made three textures , first is mud and other things that would be found on forest grounds like branches , leaves and grass , second texture is rock and finally moss which allows me to paint these texture on top of each other and blend together to make the forest ground 

Rock and moss

Feedback would be really appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flythrough of the environment 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=gP1cfCq3-rg&feature=emb_logo