Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lower City Garage

zHost
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
zHost polycounter lvl 5
Progress Update #1

With this new project, I am trying to go for a "Retro Futurism" feel that will hopefully be apparent through the architecture and the vehicle. This will run along 12 weeks until the end of August and every 2 weeks I will be posting updates. The updates will include the progress of the surrounding city, the main Garage and the main vehicle that will be featured within the Garage. 

HighresScreenshot00002png
HighresScreenshot00007png

Replies

• zHost
    Offline / Send Message
    zHost polycounter lvl 5
    Progress Update #2

Not much to show for the environment at the moment as I am still in the modeling phase, I will show the line of the assets I have created once the environment is starting to have some progress made, however I have made some progress on the "Retro Futuristic" vehicle. I plan to block in the interior soon within the next week and work towards the high poly phase.

• zHost
    Offline / Send Message
    zHost polycounter lvl 5

So, since the last update I have managed to model some assets for the garage scene, and will start UVing and texturing soon. I have made a trimsheet which will be used through out the scene, The plan is to only uniquely texture the hero assets that will feature in the screenshots below, however I'm not sure if I am happy the trimsheet.

At the moment I will be sticking to the garage and vehicle, however if they are completed in good time, I will consider to branch out into the city again.

The vehicle is still being worked on, adding detail in places and progressing on the interior.

• zHost
    Offline / Send Message
    zHost polycounter lvl 5

Less than a week to go now and I have finished texturing most things, the remaining assets that need texturing will most likely be using a tileable texture as they are not that important. Overall I think the scene currently look at little grey and could use some colour. I may also duplicate some of the assets around the Garage so that environment is a little more filled out. I also need to tweak the lighting

• zHost
    Offline / Send Message
    zHost polycounter lvl 5
    Final Update

With the project finished I hope to gain some feedback on how I can improve it.