Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Concept (EKAGRA)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AshishVerma polycounter lvl 8

My submission for ArtHeroes - Superhero2020 Challenge, it was fun to create a original character concept in 6 days. For more information and to vote for this character click on the link below:
https://woobox.com/ei4wey/gallery/vqvaMr88_oc

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What's the meaning behind the body paint?
  • AshishVerma
    Offline / Send Message
    This character is inspired by Indian priest and the markings on his head and body along with the sacred beads on his arms and wrists indicates his devotion to God. The image below will help
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I see.

I feel like this character could use more subtle design changes to make it feel more fantastical.  Right now, though I don't know if it was your intention, he just seems abouta s special as the Indian priest guy you posted.

What if you added stress details, showing that he's focusing really hard or under duress like vein strains, etc.

Skin shader could use improvement.  THe usual subsurface scattering, roughness, and albedo variance (color zones).
  • AshishVerma
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you for the suggestions and as i have already submitted (the first image) as my final submission for the challenge, I will definitely work on to improve this keeping your suggestions in mind if I ever decide to take this further in future.

Thanks again for the comments.