Home Unreal Engine

Paronomic movie capture plugin crashes ue4

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
Does anyone know why Paronomic plugin crashes ue4 when I change the Horizontal FOV from 60 to another vaule?

Assertion failed: StripWidth >= (SphericalAtlasWidth / NumberOfHorizontalSteps) && StripHeight >= (SphericalAtlasHeight / NumberOfVerticalSteps) [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Plugins/Experimental/PanoramicCapture/Source/PanoramicCapture/Private/SceneCapturer.cpp] [Line: 288] 

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Since we know that this plugin works by rotating a standard camera around and making standard shots which are stitched together, and its crying when you change the fov from 60, I would assume that changing the number of horizontal steps alongside the fov should work. Is it 6 by default? cause 6x60 = 360 so it would make sense. So in theory, changing the num slices to 4 should allow you to use fov of 90.

Don't take this as it will surely work, but it would make sense if this would fix it, based on what it does. Also, I don't think it makes sense to talk about fov in the context of a panorama. it has 360 degrees fov.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, Thanks.  Say you want to match a composite a video of say filmed with camera of fov 60 in ue4, what fov would you have to render a 360 image to match the fov of the ue4 camera?
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think that possible, but I may be wrong. The 360 image has 360 degrees fov. Thats why its called 360. I would assume that the 2 videos must have to have the same fov in order to look correct. So then a 360 image can be only composited with another 360 one. 90 with a 90 degrees one etc. But like I said this may not be true, I'm just following common sense. About this, you should ask someone else who is has more experience with compositing.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Obscura The paronoma plugin has stopped working. Any ideas I have tried everything.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message