Home Technical Talk

I need a tool like Daz 3D, but for Anime Girls

There is this really good tool to make characters fast called Daz 3D.
It has an asset store full of beautiful models, props, poses, clothing and all. Rigged and ready to use.
Its only downside is that it's not good for anime girls.

-> Do you know a tool like Daz 3D, that can make Girls like Koikatsu Party? https://youtu.be/RhKGc_7UwVo?t=4

-> Or maybe one that can do Girls like in Overwatch? https://youtu.be/ypBCnM1ozmc

Replies

• FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    I have a tip, but it's going to be a really challenging and rocky road, but it'll reward you at the end.

Become a 3D character artist by studying anatomy [a lot of anatomy], retopology, UVs, baking and texturing (+ rigging and skinning as a bonus to get some nice posing going on). Once you've practiced that for few years, you may get there at some point, and be really good at creating convincing and cool characters.

On top of that Blender's NPR rendering tools are probably what you're looking for the manga/anime style.
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    If you're just looking to just buy and download models for stuff like this just go make Source Engine films...There are plenty of talented modelers and animators that are in that space for NSFW stuff and on the relevant forums I'm sure they are willing to offer guidance in any area.

If you're actually looking to MAKE a game and use the studio portion of your namesake I would agree with FourtyNights. Either put in the work and learn how to make them and do the work yourself or find someone that is willing to collab with you or hire someone. Downloading Daz models is always going to be uncanny valley weirdness and if you can't animate the models or sprites anyway you're left with nothing pretty much. Don't just be an "ideas guy/gal", especially in the NSFW content space which is apparently filled with very passionate people about their craft willing to put in the work.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Daz studio has available some characters with anime style, but they might not be of your liking. There are also very good custom models, heavily tweaked and modified. Here's an example of a good use of Daz genesis 8 female model:

Again, Daz Studio is just a tool with parameters, what makes the difference is the artist.

Anyways, if don't look for a semirealistic look, here's a free tool used to make virtual youtube idols. https://vroid.pixiv.help/hc/en-us

The bad is that you will end making the same girls as others (more or less appealing), with the same mesh + tweaks. My advice is to make your own base mesh for the body, its rig for customization (face, body, etc.) and a good shader for the skin or whatever you need. 
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    just reiterating what others are saying really, but there is no easy road unless you are comfortable making heavy compromise on quality and vision. If you are fine slapping together whatever you can with whatever you can afford, you can actually make some money (at least, some others have made  a kiling making visual novel NSFW games with lousy animations and weird looking models from daz)

but if you have a specific vision in mind, you really have to be able to do things yourself. Tools like daz can still give a huge boost to productivity (being able to start from premade models is way faster than going from scratch for every little thing), but even to make adjustments to models and animations you basically need to know the full pipeline. Don't got to be an expert but you have to be competent which will take a few years of hard work to get to that point.

and even if you hav ethe means to hire artist to do the work for you, it's still going to be helpful if you at least understand what you are asking them to do. Plenty of failed projects and money down the drain because the person with more money than sense didn't understand the scope of what they were trying to do.

• OppaiRevealStudios
    Oh I forgot to explain a little about me: I MAKE games, but my passion role is not animator, it's Integrator.

My Integrator role is to Recruit talented people, Pay salaries, Organize their work, and Sell the game. That's is how I make my games.

This new game is a Visual Novel, and I'm studying the tools that can boost productivity, even if I have to adjust the vision.

Blaizer said:
    Daz studio has available some characters with anime style, but they might not be of your liking. There are also very good custom models, heavily tweaked and modified. Here's an example of a good use of Daz genesis 8 female model:

Again, Daz Studio is just a tool with parameters, what makes the difference is the artist.

Anyways, if don't look for a semirealistic look, here's a free tool used to make virtual youtube idols. https://vroid.pixiv.help/hc/en-us

The bad is that you will end making the same girls as others (more or less appealing), with the same mesh + tweaks. My advice is to make your own base mesh for the body, its rig for customization (face, body, etc.) and a good shader for the skin or whatever you need. 

That gif you sent me is really good. Maybe it's possible to achieve good quality by starting from DAZ 3D, and then customizing it a lot.

I saw that VRoid link, but it doesn't seem to offer any asset store rich with models, background and other content to cut the creation time.

Thanks!