Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Prop Study - Looking for Critique

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
dondon polycounter lvl 4
      So, this is my first attempt at a potentially game ready prop. At this point I'm not really sure what to look for or improve here. I know the textures could be higher res and handled a little better, but I thought this turned out ok. What can I look out for when improving my modeling and texturing skills? Thanks everyone. 

Replies

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9

Hey , good try for your first attempt , let me give you a quick feedback.First of all ,if you have any reference photo , show it to us!

1) The barrel looks like its floating
    2) The metal hoop is floating ( It suppose to be tight )
    3) The metal texture just doesnt look right . The wood looks kinda smooth and new , but the metal have too much dirt . Besides , the dirt just seems to be too random . There is a reason why its there , even in chaos there is always a certain predictability .

By the way , what resolution are you working at ? If you are not going to present it in super close shot ,  I think it looks fine the way it is . Good luck!!!
  • dondon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dondon polycounter lvl 4
    BohSheh said:

Hey , good try for your first attempt , let me give you a quick feedback.First of all ,if you have any reference photo , show it to us!

1) The barrel looks like its floating
    2) The metal hoop is floating ( It suppose to be tight )
    3) The metal texture just doesnt look right . The wood looks kinda smooth and new , but the metal have too much dirt . Besides , the dirt just seems to be too random . There is a reason why its there , even in chaos there is always a certain predictability .

By the way , what resolution are you working at ? If you are not going to present it in super close shot ,  I think it looks fine the way it is . Good luck!!!
    Hey! Thank you so much for taking the time to critique this! Those things seem so much more obvious now, awesome! I'm gonna take another crack at it.