Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

P2020 Pistol

Hi all, recently finished up my P2020 apex legends fan art. Looking for any feedback/critique. Thanks for looking :)

Few more screenshots on the artstation post - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/58QxdW

Replies

• Tiggis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiggis triangle
    Nice work on the pistol. I would say some of the edges could be a bit more soft. That rubber grip could maybe use some slight color variation to break away from the metal part in terms of bluish/color, maybe even some AO/dirt in that pattern also to make it stand out a bit more. Maybe look into some slight dust/smooth dust wouln't hurt either. I don't know if you followed everything to 100%, but in the game version the trigger guard is not that wide, as you can see here. You also missing some small screws on the slide. I also notice in the game version the barrel/ejection port is more of square looking shape and not round one like it is on yours.
  • wiltonjr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiggis said:
    Nice work on the pistol. I would say some of the edges could be a bit more soft. That rubber grip could maybe use some slight color variation to break away from the metal part in terms of bluish/color, maybe even some AO/dirt in that pattern also to make it stand out a bit more. Maybe look into some slight dust/smooth dust wouln't hurt either. I don't know if you followed everything to 100%, but in the game version the trigger guard is not that wide, as you can see here. You also missing some small screws on the slide. I also notice in the game version the barrel/ejection port is more of square looking shape and not round one like it is on yours.
    Thank you and thank you even more for the detailed feedback :). I should of definitely exaggerated the bevels on the high poly a lot more. Yeah, I didn't see it before but now I do. There is a fair bit of variation on the metal but none on the grip which makes 0 sense now I think about it. I wasn't following it 100% as it was more for practice, but following reference is important so thats something I need to work on. Again thanks for the feedback, I also checked out your art station and I love your weapons!
  • Tiggis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiggis triangle
    wiltonjr said:
    Tiggis said:
    Thank you and thank you even more for the detailed feedback :). I should of definitely exaggerated the bevels on the high poly a lot more. Yeah, I didn't see it before but now I do. There is a fair bit of variation on the metal but none on the grip which makes 0 sense now I think about it. I wasn't following it 100% as it was more for practice, but following reference is important so thats something I need to work on. Again thanks for the feedback, I also checked out your art station and I love your weapons!
    Thanks! :)