Home Marmoset

Marmoset viewer issue when importing mesh with animations

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
DoctorBloup polycounter lvl 7
Hello people, hope you're all doing great!

I've been recently working on a personal project and wanted to add some animations to make it more lively, with an end goal of rendering it in Marmoset Toolbag (v 3.08). So basically I'm exporting an FBX with animations, from maya 2018.

But when I import my FBX in Toolbag, it's displaying weird artifacts and I really have no idea where they're coming from (see attached pic) and on the other hand, if I delete history and import only a posed mesh with no animation, the shading is correct, no problem at all (except that I lose all my animations).

This is what I'm talking about. I've assigned a default shader in marmoset with no information at all, under the same lighting. On the left the posed mesh with no animations and on the right the mesh with animations.

I've tried everything that I know, deleting history, non deformer, unbinding and deleting skin then binding again, assigning a brand new material in maya, from new scenes etc... Nothing at all seems to work and I'm stuck with these weird artifacts in marmoset. And it seems that it's doing it on some parts of the mesh and not the others (in that case, the face).

So I was wondering if any of you had an idea what could be causing this... Thank you for your time and help, and have a wonderful day! :)

Replies