Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Dishonored Delilah - Fan Art

abrynildsen
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
abrynildsen polycounter lvl 2
I'm creating this thread to track my progress on my new project, a Delilah bust. 

I really want to learn stylized sculpting, and for these past few days I've made a few sculpts, but none of them has really followed a concept, so they've been super generic. I figured it's time to follow a concept, as I want to challenge myself and it forces me to really pay attention to the forms and what I'm doing. 

I'm following Cedric Peyravernay's concept, as well as using Lukasz Siudzinski's fanart as a guide.

So far I'm one day deep, there's a lot to work on, but so far I'm super excited about it and I can tell that it's starting to take shape. 

References

Day one progress

Any and all CC and help is appreciated!

Replies

• sarasumm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sarasumm polycounter lvl 4
    Good work so far! I would suggest moving the chin back and looking closer at the angle of the mouth. That should help minimize the size of the chin and give it more of that upside-down triangle look from the concept.

• abrynildsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @sarasumm, Great tip, thanks! I'll try it out, see if I can make it work. 

Here's a general update: 
    I've made quite the progress on the face, it's still a long way to go but I can definitely start seeing the character in the sculpt. I'm having a lot of fun with this, and I'm really enjoying my time working on this piece. 
    I really struggled with the eyes, in the original post her eyes were way too big, so I remade them about 50 times before I finally arrived at something I'm more confident in. Of course, they still need refining, but that's for later. 

And here's my attempt at self critique: 

I find it really helpful to take breakes, both long and short. I have a tendency to hyper focus on one part of the model, and taking breaks help me reset my mind and to see the model as a whole, and not just as individual sections. 

I'm starting to feel confident in the project, and I think I'm past that part where everything just looks like shit. 
    ohgod, now that I've said it everything is gonna crash and burn

• abrynildsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another small update: 

Right now I'm really feeling the character, and I'm super happy with what I've got so far. I feel like it's time to start the hair. I know it's gonna be a struggle. Wish me luck.