Home Adobe Substance

Substance painter Mauser K98 normal map issue

dimdim
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
dimdim polycounter lvl 3
hello everyone 

so i had this issue when i try to bake the model i seem to have an issue with the normal map always, im not sure why, the model have multiple parts and it all named with suffix _low for lowpoly parts and _high for highpoly parts the normal map bleeds on certain parts on the model even if i use match by name on substance painter still gives me the same issue, and when i tried to bake that piece alone just to test out, it works perfectly fine but when i export all the model and bake i get that problem.

this is what i get on this part

and on this one i get this bleed.

PS: Dont mind the edges im baking at low res just to test out first and trying to figure this issue out! =)

Replies

• rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    Jep, all good and fine but it seems you get bleeding from one object onto itself. How should the bake-by-mesh thing help here? You have to set proper ray distances or use a cage
  • dimdim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dimdim polycounter lvl 3
    rollin said:
    Jep, all good and fine but it seems you get bleeding from one object onto itself. How should the bake-by-mesh thing help here? You have to set proper ray distances or use a cage
    no matter how much i set in the ray distances or even with a cage i still get the same issue but it weird when i  bake that same part alone it bakes fine 
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    Which version are you using? 

So you set the cage and enable use-cage and it doesn't use the cage? No matter which model you bake? In this case you have a very special substance painter installer. 

Regarding ray distances: They are relative to the bounding box. So if you bake just one piece the bounding box is probably smaller and so are the absolute ray distances