RUN Studios and its client partner, a large online retailer in downtown Seattle, are seeking a 3D Artist to model and texture static, hyperreal 3D objects and environments. The role requires artists experienced in 3D modeling, texturing, rendering environments, compositing, and lighting, and the ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams, requiring an implicit understanding of the balance required between artistry, communication, and partnership.
Ideal candidates will be accomplished in working with a variety of 2D and 3D software packages, including Marvelous Designer, and able to build a near-perfect model from physical samples, single photograph, or small set of photographic reference.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and retouch 3D assets and materials for use in web-based, real-time applications, and photorealistic renderings
- Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity
- Continuously improve workflows and processes
- Ability to coach and train other artists on the production team
- Share best practices, identify process improvements and operational waste reduction
- Professional experience working in a fast-paced 3D production environment
- Demonstrated understanding of technical art production and end-to-end modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, and rendering workflows
- Experience in photoreal or architectural rendering
- Strong grasp of 3D lighting techniques
- Ability for fast turnaround on both hard surface and organic model making
- High degree of proficiency in rendering and retouching 3D renders to accentuate photorealism
- Comfort with visual pattern matching, troubleshooting, optimization, and contributing in a meaningful way with highly visible deliverables that can ship with daily builds
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Orientation towards innovation, self-directed, and able to receive and apply feedback
- Expert level command of Marvelous, Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop, and other relevant software for modeled objects and environments.
This is a full-time, on-going contract position starting June 1st that is eligible for benefit coverage with RUN Studios. Please note this position is based in downtown Seattle, but work will be done remotely through October, or until COVID conditions allow on-site work. As such, we are only able to consider candidates living locally to the Northwest at this time.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio via our careers page: