Home Career & Education

Best tutorials for hard surface modelling?

Ravanex
node
Offline / Send Message
Ravanex node
Are there some "famous" or really good tutorials out there? I'm interested in both free and paid tutorials. Basically everything would be good, props, weapons, vehicles, plants and trees (I have no idea how to make them) even environments but since environments are "just" props put together I would save those kind of tutorials for last. I'm not interested in characters though. Mainly for 3DS Max/Substance Painter. It would be good if the video featured a complete model from start to finish or some modelling techiques actually shown not just talking about what I should do. 

I'm also interested in some Zbrush tutorials and Substance Designer tutorials. Maybe even some UE4/Unity tutorials like how to export models (I guess it shouldn't be too complicated though) or if they are connected to Environment tutorials.

The problem is that there are tutorials everywhere I look and it's hard to decide which ones are worth the time so I thought I'd ask from someone with more experience.

I've tried looking at the Polycount wiki but most of the links are tutorials for anatomy, selling only models/textures or the whole page is missing.

So far I've found Tim Bergholz (ChamferZone) and Simon Fuchs. Please if you recommend a youtuber like Arrimus 3D then tell me which videos (or playlists) worth the time, he has 1148 videos.

Thanks!