Home Technical Talk

Maya 2020.1 weird viewport bug (SOLVED but still not fixed)

Ive been getting this weird flickering bug in my viewport. I am not sure what is causing it. I have an AMD 3900x CPU and rtx 2070 super running on the latest studio drivers. If someone can help me figure out what is causing this it would be immensely appreciated! It only seems to happen when i have 2 or more viewports at the same time and have an object selected.. it is very annoying....

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just to clarify, this looks like it's showing two viewports at the same time? I've seen a number of issues on OSX regarding the viewport, are you on that or windows? Here's one with a bit of info in it. Here's another that might help.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    It can't be OSX - no Nvidia support anymore and no separate GPU driver downloads for AMD.

• Nick_Knack97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just to clarify, this looks like it's showing two viewports at the same time? I've seen a number of issues on OSX regarding the viewport, are you on that or windows? Here's one with a bit of info in it. Here's another that might help.
    Im running on windows. Ive solved this issue by changing the viewport renderer from directx11 to openGL. It does seem to be showing two viewports at the same time but i have no clue why. Im updating my post to solved but i kinda still wanted the directx interaction.