I consider myself a beginner in 3d modeling in general, I was following some tutorials online, I tried to model some small things by myself and this sword was my first bigger project done all by myself.
I started with creating a reference - I wanted my sword to look at least a bit cool, I didn't aim for realism. It turned out like this:
I changed the design quite a few times and this looked the best. Right now I use only Blender and Substance Painter.
My goal is to make game assets and I tried to make this optimized, the whole sword has: 1,685 faces and 3,044 tris.
This is how the low-poly wireframe looks like:
After the modeling, I textured my sword in the Substance Painter. This is how it turned out:
I'm still not sure if I'm doing things the right way, so I really need some feedback!