Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4+3DS] Just Moved In

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Fatcows triangle
I worked on this project to learn to get me to learn UE4 and lighting. I seen a lot of amazing work from Archviz renders and wanted to give it a go. I am kinda burned out now on this project, but would like some feedback so I can learn for the next one.

Replies

• Fatcows
    Offline / Send Message
    Fatcows triangle
    More Images, the other images seem to fail when i try uploading here.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XBmxOy
  • rexo12
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 interpolator
    I genuinely think you should stick with this, as it's nearly there and it's important to finish projects (80-20 rule!).

in terms of composition and colours, this image has a very high contrast and saturation, and is also almost entirely made up of dark browns. To me, this seems at odds with the tone trying to be set by the lighting and title. One thing i've noticed about interior archvis - if you're trying to replicate that style - is that they tend to be quite bright, full of light and low contrast (i assume to give a holistic impression of the space being designed for the client). Might be worth boosting albedo values a little so the light bounces better and adjusting the tonemapping.

Modelling is for the most part good - particularly on the cloth and your smaller props. I think you need to revisit the shelves and drawers because it's evident they're just extruded cubes. I notice some UV errors too where the texture wrapping doesn't align. Some trims where the floor and the walls meet could also be useful.

The image is also quite devoid of roughness variance, as it all seems to be a flat value. Introducing (thoughtful) variation, particularly on your wood and brick materials, can help tell your narrative and help the materials read better.
  • Fatcows
    Offline / Send Message
    Fatcows triangle
    rexo12 said:
    I genuinely think you should stick with this, as it's nearly there and it's important to finish projects (80-20 rule!).

in terms of composition and colours, this image has a very high contrast and saturation, and is also almost entirely made up of dark browns. To me, this seems at odds with the tone trying to be set by the lighting and title. One thing i've noticed about interior archvis - if you're trying to replicate that style - is that they tend to be quite bright, full of light and low contrast (i assume to give a holistic impression of the space being designed for the client). Might be worth boosting albedo values a little so the light bounces better and adjusting the tonemapping.

Modelling is for the most part good - particularly on the cloth and your smaller props. I think you need to revisit the shelves and drawers because it's evident they're just extruded cubes. I notice some UV errors too where the texture wrapping doesn't align. Some trims where the floor and the walls meet could also be useful.

The image is also quite devoid of roughness variance, as it all seems to be a flat value. Introducing (thoughtful) variation, particularly on your wood and brick materials, can help tell your narrative and help the materials read better.
    Thank you so much for this input. Honestly it is very helpful. There is a lot of things I still need to learn and work on and I hope to make a better render.