Home Career & Education

Which Michael Pavlovich tutorial should I get (To Start With)?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
MeterMarker polycounter lvl 2
Hi,

I want to learn ZBrush and I would like an organized way of learning the software. I've seen Pavlovich come up many times when it came to the topic of learning ZBrush, so I figured I would try him out. He has several tutorials, and two of them caught my attention. There is the 3 part Intro to ZBrush series and there is the Zbrush for Ideation course. I know a significant amount of the basics, although some of them are not firm in my memory. I just want to be able to practice sculpting with little technical barriers. Is Pavlovich necessary at all? Should I just look up tutorials as I go along?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Dont ask and waste your time. Sculpt thats the only thing you should do.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    He made it easy for you by offering the first one for free. That will get you familiar with the program. From there you only need to look up tools as you find a need for them.

I don't disagree with @oglu, but there is a couple things in particular that will make your work go a lot easier:

learn to use layers
    learn to use morph brush

Your work in zbrush can be as non-destructive as in photoshop - that gives you a lot of creative freedom.

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Yeah, I don't agree either. As someone who is new, ask as many questions as you need to. Pavlovich tutorials are great for learning anatomy. I'd also check out Flipped Normal's YouTube channel. They have a ton of excellent character sculpting tips and tutorials.
  • MeterMarker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeterMarker polycounter lvl 2
    Ok  =). Thanks again. I guess I won't waste my time and I will learn as I go along as you suggested. I appreciate your advice, you guys are awesome for answering questions like this. Take care!
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I mean to say I think you should waste your time with asking questions and watching Pavlovich tutorials.