Home Career & Education

Dissertation Questionnaire on Texture Optimisation

Hi everyone, I am working on my dissertation on texture optimisation and I really need your help. This topic is completely new to me so I would appreciate if you could fill out my questionnaire since it would help me a lot in my studies. 

Thank you all in advance!

https://forms.gle/UHXFTFEFyLMemzQc6

Replies

• rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    No it does not take a couple of minutes.. There a 5 pages of very thorough questions. 

If I where you I would remove all "explain your workflow" or "please write here what you do when you do" questions. The scope is not clear and I would assume a lot of people just leave because you could write an hour explaining your personal workflow in detail. 

Just use multiple choice questions someone can quickly push through. There are already some good questions in there.

But already the 4th question "What exactly do you do at your job?" could lead to half a page of text.. How would you even boil this down to a statistic?
  • kylie_ellul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, thank you for your feedback. As I mentioned in the description at the beginning of the questionnaire, not all questions require an answer so people can skip those type of questions if they don't feel like answering them.

Also, I need to make sure that the person answering the questions is experienced, thus the reason behind the few questions at the beginning. 

Unfortunately I couldn't use multiple choice questions because I'm still completely new to this topic and needed some detailed information. 
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    (...)
    Unfortunately I couldn't use multiple choice questions because I'm still completely new to this topic and needed some detailed information. 
    That was exactly my impression. The problem with this is: an experienced person notes this quite fast.

So to all you people posting polls: please first get into the topic so deep and thoroughly that you can ask condensed questions to the point. Otherwise you probably won't get a lot of feedback. Which would be a pity because looking at these topics from a scientific point of view is interesting and important.

So good luck!