Home Technical Talk

Intuos tablet touch functions, do you use it?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
GlowingPotato polycounter lvl 10
I recently reinstalled my tablet driver, and when I fist touch it, everything on my screen goes full anarchy.

I can't remember the last time I tried to use the touch function or the buttons on the side of my intuos pro. I just disable everything, maybe because I'am a little clumsy, or maybe I don't know how to properly set it nicely.

it may be useful in certain softwares combination, idk.
Do you find it useful ? how do you use it ?

Replies

• zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    The buttons i have rarely used as i am left handed and would mean i have to move my hand off the keyboard anyway which is counter productive.

For using a touch pad or touch control the problem i find is with finger sweat causing my fingers to drag where as my mouse has no such issue. Precision isnt a super big issue when i have used touch controls on  certain things and is helpful for bigger screen tablets such as a cintiq since i dont have to press button and drag with both hands i can just pinch and rotate with the same hand.

For non screen tablets i find them tedious due to the left handedness since I am a right hand mouse user using a touchpad on that side translates weird in my head. If it cant replace your mouse id say its not worth it to use at this point.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Always fully disabled here. I've used all Intuos generations and these buttons were always too hard to find/press/finicky or half-hidden under a thick layer of rubber.

My all time favourite is actually the Intuos 2 - which had no buttons. It also had the USB plug out of the way in the top corner so you couldn't bump into that all the time. Now doesn't that sound like a good thing...

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    I sweared badly for a month or two before figured out it has a small hardware button to kill damn touch for good :)    then  the ring on the right side went same way altogether with all buttons
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I use touch instead of a mouse at times depending on how bad my RSI is but generally turn it off with a button when I'm using the tablet the way it was intended.

The buttons would be good if you could disable the automatic profile reassignment when you start apps since all that does is fuck you over (I'm looking at you photoshop) 
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I use a little wacom intuos comic. It's got four buttons at the top. I never use them but never touch them by accident. I use it over two screens but you learn where the middle of your first screen is without looking, so I never touch the buttons by accident.