Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2.5D Robot FLT.sam

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
LaurenBamlett polycounter lvl 8
This was a project that I recently finished, featuring a character of mine rendered in a more 2.5D pipeline. It was an interesting endeavor and I would love any feedback in regards to it. I am new to hand painting however I am eager to improve.

model

Replies

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    This is pretty interesting, one thing I think your textures could be improved on is some more color variations. The greens have no red or yellow hues, the red have no green bounce light or blue variations and the such. 
    I am just wondering though why you made this in a 2.5D perspective? What are the advantages or just an experiment? 
  • LaurenBamlett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurenBamlett polycounter lvl 8
    This is pretty interesting, one thing I think your textures could be improved on is some more color variations. The greens have no red or yellow hues, the red have no green bounce light or blue variations and the such. 
    I am just wondering though why you made this in a 2.5D perspective? What are the advantages or just an experiment? 
    Thanks! I'll see about adding more variation to the piece.

I largely made it in 2.5D because I wanted to get to the painting process sooner, rather than later. Personally, I tend to get the most enjoyment out of texturing over modelling.