Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Semi-Stylised Bulky Character, Looking for critiques before retopo.

Are there something i overlooked, or done completely wrong?, Thanks in advance!

Replies

• rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    Hi, you maybe want to check the overall proportions? 
    Also the flow of the muscles is very very vague and it might help if you draw them on top with polypaint or sculpt them in very roughtly.

I personally find it helpful to use the clay buildup brush and just build the muscle structure with it.

So I would say: make a copy of your file, fix the proportions and then take a good look at muscle references like this: https://store.pixologic.com/images/product/D/anmfv3-1-3scale_001-01.jpg and work from what you have now to a more refined version
  • sayasayangmama
    hi! thank you for stopping by and make a insightful critiques! as for the proportion, i think i have no problem because i was trying to make this sillhouete? 

unless there is something else wrong with it..
    as for the vague flow, can you specify what do you mean by that? because i did looked at muscle reference when sculpting, thanks.
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    If you want stylized proportions then do as you like! :) Though a shorter upper body would still improve the 'strong-dude' style. Anyway..

But the overall shape of the muscles and their proportions can be improved.

When you paint or sculpt your muscles fibers one-by-one you can more clearly see where the model differs from the reference.
    Even better: when you build up the muscles the way the fibers are oriented - by always drawing along the direction of the fibers - you naturally get a topology which resembles reality more closely as if you just try to recreate the up and downs of the muscle bulges.

• sayasayangmama
    gotcha!, really, thank you for your time to explain that, i'll see what i can do