Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seek Advice for Female Body Sculpting

Hi everyone! I hope you all keep making art at home. I'm learning digital sculpting and this is my recent new female sculpture in blender. I would appreciate your critics and advice. Any tip is welcome! Thank you very much for your help!

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What references were you using?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    This is from another thead:

Start your sculpt at a low resolution and map out positions and volumes,

You can get a good end result by using image planes in Blender. To get reference shots you can use a free program like Daz3D. Here is a pic of the viewport with the textures disabled for easier form representation. The Genesis models are based on 3D scans. In daz you can change the pose. I like to use the A pose, push the hips slightly forward with legs slightly apart and feet splayed a little. In your shots the model looks to be falling forward a bit.

You can take orthographic screen shots to use on your reference planes.

Once you have front, left, right, back, top and bottom you can set up your planes. This is in zB but you can do the same in Blender.

Using these views will only get you so far. Another great aid is to download a free skeleton from the web and place it under your model. This helps you to get an all round reference instead of just the 90 degree views from the planes.

Cheerio

• Kaleidoscope9999
    Thank you so much for the tips, I will use them for my next practice. Much appreciated!

kanga said:
    This is from another thead:

Start your sculpt at a low resolution and map out positions and volumes,

You can get a good end result by using image planes in Blender. To get reference shots you can use a free program like Daz3D. Here is a pic of the viewport with the textures disabled for easier form representation. The Genesis models are based on 3D scans. In daz you can change the pose. I like to use the A pose, push the hips slightly forward with legs slightly apart and feet splayed a little. In your shots the model looks to be falling forward a bit.

You can take orthographic screen shots to use on your reference planes.

Once you have front, left, right, back, top and bottom you can set up your planes. This is in zB but you can do the same in Blender.

Using these views will only get you so far. Another great aid is to download a free skeleton from the web and place it under your model. This helps you to get an all round reference instead of just the 90 degree views from the planes.

Cheerio

• Kaleidoscope9999
    What references were you using?

I was using pictures from an anatomy book and some face references from Pinterest. I guess I probably should focus on using 3d scan as reference.