Home Technical Talk

Help! Looking for a Retopology tool

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hey there for the ones who entered this topic. I have a question, I'm looking for a tool that works just like topogun's 3 (unreleased) Patch Tool, or a tool like TopoLogiK that you drag a line and you drag another and it creates even polygons in between, even though they might have different topology.

I need this tool to automate some processes i'm working on. For instance (in picture N1) i have two streets and a main street which i need to connect, but i want them to be connected automatically, without me doing some fine work. I know how to do it manually, but i need this for a client, and i run out of ideas.

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    The Topogun3 tool you're referring to can be considered a localized auto-retopology, or very advanced bridging function. I'd look into those kind of tools to see if anything fits your needs (Scriptspot would be a good place to start if your using 3DSMax).

Alternatively, if you're very good at coding and math you could write such a tool yourself using a variation of the 'Instant Field Aligned Meshs' method (as I assume that's what the Topogun devs have done): https://github.com/wjakob/instant-meshes
  • JustM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz said:
    The Topogun3 tool you're referring to can be considered a localized auto-retopology, or very advanced bridging function. I'd look into those kind of tools to see if anything fits your needs (Scriptspot would be a good place to start if your using 3DSMax).

Alternatively, if you're very good at coding and math you could write such a tool yourself using a variation of the 'Instant Field Aligned Meshs' method (as I assume that's what the Topogun devs have done): https://github.com/wjakob/instant-meshes

Thank you very much! Yes, i'm looking for a semi-auto retopology tool, that, as you said, bridges meshes in a smart way, but i couldnt find anything similar to that. And no, i'm not very keen at coding, so i'll go for the "search at scriptspot" option!