Home Marmoset

Edit Transform Origin / Manipulator Pivot Point?

Does anyone know of a way to make a light rotate around x Point instead of hopping out of my render camera to position the light from behind the model? A way to move the manipulator handle from the light source to somewhere else, so I can rotate it around my object instead of hopping to a different camera, repositioning the light, then back to my render camera? (It's tedious doing this process over and over and over again) I love Toolbag but this is a very frustrating thing that I have not found any answers for on google or in discords.

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Just agreeing with you, not very helpful & possible bug report.(untested / recreated, it happen yesterday so.)

Wanting the same thing here if its not in zero axis it flip flops to other areas. (moving the position of the light doesn't allow it to revolve around the area you want it to, it rotates statically on 0.0 - 0.0 - 0.0 no matter where you put the lights.) afaik.(i also don''t know how to use the animation tools section so it could be my lack of exploration in that area, where the solution to my issue lies, which would work as a pivot control by using the by frames animation section controlling the light and keeping the light where i want the lights to be..) edited.

I am not sure but i found a bug (i think not sure) if you add lights to a folder move them off the sky - box - change the hdri image (new choice) and move them back from the folder to the new sky box, (dragging from folder to sky) one of the lights sticks to the camera.  I'll try to recreate the issue added my .02's to a similar topic so its all consolidated. edited
  • Fenceghast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe I'm just not understanding you, but what you said doesn't seem to be relevant  or make  any sense.
    I don't think it's a bug/issue but more of a lack of a  feature. Being able to move the manipulator away from the light and be able to still use it for affecting it's translations, sounds more of just an extremely helpful feature that I am just not seeing.
  • WillDettrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WillDettrey polycounter lvl 11
    The only thing that I can think of to work with this Fenceghast is to place the lights in a Group Folder (like DavidCruz mentioned) and then you can place that folder to the axis point that you're wanting to rotate from. You can then stay in your render cam view and just select your Group Folder and adjust the rotation in the transform tab. See if that gets you closer.