Home Technical Talk

[BLENDER] Pivot point will not snap to selection.

node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
99499 node
Hello,
I'm having a problem where my pivot point will not snap to the selection I need it to, the highlighted plane and vertex as you see here. It is causing another annoying problem where my vertex will double and not snap into one another despite having the mirror modifier on with clipping checked. I'm unsure why and have already tried every other pivot selection. I have a shrink-wrap and mirror modifier enabled as you can see in addition to snapping on faces, but  I have never had this problem before, at least not to this extent. Any help?

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Make sure your monkey is aligned to an axis if it isnt already. I would delete the modifier.
    If you want the origin (pivot) to be at the centre line of the above retopo so it will mirror, then select an edge or vertex, then hit shift + s to call up the cursor menu and choose cursor to selected. Then go to edit object mode, select the new topo mesh and under the object menu top right of the UI choose, set origin/ origin to 3d cursor. Once done go to the modifiers and apply your mirror and choose the axis.

With retopo in Blender I make sure the cursor is at the world origin, then add a plane, then scale the plane, then hit control + a and apply all transforms. Then tab into edit mode, move the poly where I want it, then apply the mirror.

Cheerio