Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old Wooden Crate - Really Need Feedback

Hi everyone, 

At the point where I really want to start improving overall but particularly in texturing, so I modeled a simple crate and followed a standard high to low poly workflow using Zbrush for the sculpting with the total triangle count at just over 2000.

I find texturing wood in Substance Painter quite difficult so I'm not sure it looks too realistic and I think the metal is a bit noisy, any tips on this would be really appreciated.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    It looks great! I'd love to see some depth to the boards, ie some of the planks protruding a bit further than the other ones. I'm also having a hard time believing those circular designs were carved out of the wood.
  • Volkknight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks great! I'd love to see some depth to the boards, ie some of the planks protruding a bit further than the other ones. I'm also having a hard time believing those circular designs were carved out of the wood.

Thanks for the feedback, completely agree on the planks they look way too uniform and I'll have to rethink the circular wooden details.