Home Career & Education

[Blender] I came back to 3D after giving up Modo for a few years.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys. I recently started studying Blender 2.8x to learn 3D from scratch. I tried Modo back in 2016 but I eventually gave up because there was not enough learning resources and I had a wrong mindset. Now I humbled down myself and learned to start small and simple.

That being said, I realized that I need to do a lot of small and simple projects to build up my mileage. I used to underestimate the importance of mileage and it cost my learning path. Since Blender is free and 2.8x has much friendlier UI, I decided to give another shot at 3D. 

But now I started to wonder: Where can I find a bunch of simple projects to copy? Something like simple modeling tutorial that I can follow. Youtube channels like 3dex has a lot of smaller stuff but unfortunately it uses Maya and Zbrush. It's really difficult to translate the workflow I guess.

I am considering myself purchasing the Blender Launchpad tutorials from CGBoost. My goal is to do a lot of hard surface stuff and I think I need to do a lot of simpler blockouts before going into more difficult modelings.

Can you guys suggest me any good beginner tutorials that I can easily follow on Blender?

Replies