Home Career & Education

[Blender] I came back to 3D after giving up Modo for a few years.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys. I recently started studying Blender 2.8x to learn 3D from scratch. I tried Modo back in 2016 but I eventually gave up because there was not enough learning resources and I had a wrong mindset. Now I humbled down myself and learned to start small and simple.

That being said, I realized that I need to do a lot of small and simple projects to build up my mileage. I used to underestimate the importance of mileage and it cost my learning path. Since Blender is free and 2.8x has much friendlier UI, I decided to give another shot at 3D. 

But now I started to wonder: Where can I find a bunch of simple projects to copy? Something like simple modeling tutorial that I can follow. Youtube channels like 3dex has a lot of smaller stuff but unfortunately it uses Maya and Zbrush. It's really difficult to translate the workflow I guess.

I am considering myself purchasing the Blender Launchpad tutorials from CGBoost. My goal is to do a lot of hard surface stuff and I think I need to do a lot of simpler blockouts before going into more difficult modelings.

Can you guys suggest me any good beginner tutorials that I can easily follow on Blender?

Replies

• Benspecklin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benspecklin polycounter lvl 3
    Hey,
    you could definitely check the channel of Grant Abbitt on youtube, there's lots of tutorials there for blender 2.8
    it's really easy to follow and focused mostly on beginner level, with some more advanced stuff