Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Blunderbuss

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Enrique90 polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys decided to try and do something out of my comfort zone and found this cool gun design in Artstation by Glenn van Driel. So far just trying to block out the main pieces in Maya. Any critique is welcomed. We be posting updates til its done hopefully. 

Replies

• Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some updates started to model the smaller bits and details. The proportions still seem off to me so will probably have to address that again. 
  • Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update. I brought it into zbrush to work on the top bits. Still trying to decipher how they work but critiques would be greatly appreciated :) 
    perspective is off for all zbrush screengrabs
  • Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Cool design :)

The Front barrel looks shorter and slightly more bulgy compared to your model but maybe its just the perspective. 
    Looking forward to see the textures :+1:
  • rsavoie356
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rsavoie356 polycounter lvl 3
    Oooh, this one looks fun! Just out of curiosity, are you going to make the leather strap as well?
  • Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for feedback guys. I see what you mean about my barrel and the strap I'm not sure if I'll make it. If i do it'll probably be last minute. 
  • Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some updates. I was thinking of doing the wood sculpting/details in zbrush but thought it might be easier to do those in substance. Guess I'll find out soon enough :# . Feedback always welcome thanks guys.  

• Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Screengrabs from painter(iray). I ran into some issues since I'm a newb so had to go back and edit the high poly a bit and change the low also a bit to get my bakes looking decent. Ended up doing the stock carvings in zbrush and rebaking. New issue since I just just duplicated the plaque on the other side. When I was working on the inscription the writing is flipped on the other side since the UVs are shared >.< gonna work on that issue along with the textures this weekend. Again any feedback is greatly appreciated thanks guys! 

• Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got burnt out with this and kind of left it alone for a long while but decided to come back to and finish.  Current textures, screenshot from substance (Iray). Any feedback is welcomed! Thanks. 

• Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Threw it in Marmoset and put some lights in there. The textures still need a bit of work I think. I know the top pins still need a material but would appreciate any feedback thank you. 

• Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lighting so far. Any feedback is welcomed as I don't think lighting is my strong suit. Trying to wrap this up in the next few days. Thanks!

• ElyesBens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElyesBens polycounter lvl 5
    Nicely done !!! Metal could use some oxydation spots to enhance its looks , and i find the grunge map on it a bit too much, but maybe it's just me. Otherwise the wood looks dope with all the other details like the wood veins, cracks and scratches are so satisfying to look at . 
    Great work !!! 
  • Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElyesBens said:
    Nicely done !!! Metal could use some oxydation spots to enhance its looks , and i find the grunge map on it a bit too much, but maybe it's just me. Otherwise the wood looks dope with all the other details like the wood veins, cracks and scratches are so satisfying to look at . 
    Great work !!! 
    thank you for the feedback! I'll give the textures another look in substance. Again thank you really appreciate it.  
  • Enrique90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And finally done! Again any feedback is welcome. On to the next one.