Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Sci-fi Rescue Spacelady

ivanlyw
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ivanlyw polycounter lvl 3
I wanted to make a wip post on a spacegirl game model that i am currently working on. I plan to keep the polycount within 40k - 50k tris max as I am still new to game character art. I really want to make a good game character and any feedback will be well appreciated! I really like the concept art helmet that qi wu made. Link to his post on artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A9mqqe . The story for this character is a futuristic earth day where we humans are able to go out to space for space rescues and missions. A space rescue lady who is out on patrol and is ready for her first mission. I wanted to go for a mix of hard and soft surfaces, with more of mass effect 3 look to it. I am still working on the base a little more before starting to refine and add more detail to the model. I feel the glove is lacking and will make a revision to the glove, probably adding more armored pieces to the hand.

Replies

• DarkBladeNemo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkBladeNemo polycounter lvl 2
    I know nothing when it comes to character art! But that looks hella good! The face looks a bit puffy though. Might just be the angle or my lack of character knowledge.

• ivanlyw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know nothing when it comes to character art! But that looks hella good! The face looks a bit puffy though. Might just be the angle or my lack of character knowledge.

I think your absolutely right, looking at it again, I do think the face is a little puffed up. Thank you for the feedback! will work on it more!
  • ivanlyw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

adding more shapes to the jetpack, slowly working on itDarkBladeNemo said:

I reduced the puffiness of her face as well, though i am making more changes to the face to fit the story line of the character, I am going for a more brave look, more masculine woman. Feedback on the face is more than welcome!!

• ivanlyw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

decided to change up the helmet. i didnt get a feel of a space rescue woman from that helmet. The old helmet felt more like a spacefighter.I will be refining more soon. Do leave some feedback if there is any! Thank you
  • ivanlyw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, if anyone knows if there will be any issues regarding Rigging, because I havent done rigging before and I worry there will be problems with animating when it has been rigged, someone in my discord feedback group told me there may be issues rigging and animating the clavicle when the arms are rotated straight. Anyone with good knowledge of rigging/animation could give me some feedback and workarounds the clavicle area?