Home Adobe Substance

Can't match color, can't create palette

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
Hello,
Maybe I'm wrong but I can't understand how it is possible that an Adobe software cannot import, or at least manage a color space managed by Photoshop, which is an Adobe software.

I see there are 2 RGB and HSV (??) color methods, but both are decimal. decimal hsv? why? :D 
I have used various software but I have never seen a software that manages these 2 color spaces (the second least used), in decimal.
I created palettes of numerous colors on potoshop, now I have to convert all the colors to rgb, but even decimals! It will take me an hour and I can't understand how to convert them.

Could you kindly add a normal matte that all software to date implement?
Because I don't understand this choice. All software has this, even 3d modeling software.
Please give us a normal COPY PASTE with HEX code! It is indispensable in my opinion.
Give this please! is necessary.
thank you

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    We've only been at Adobe for a year! :D
    I assume we're talking about Substance Painter? Substance Designer lets you choose between float and 0-255 for picking colors.
    That being said, revamping the color palette in both tools is on the roadmap!
  • Gikkio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
    yes substance painter.
    Sorry if the message may seem "rude" re-reading it seems so, but I was in a hurry and ENG is not my language. :) .
    Happy that it is being worked on, thank you very much and wish you a good job!
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Hex code  simple copy/paste support would be nice indeed.   I see some kind of code in Substance Designer color picker window  but it doesn't work with one from Photoshop