Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Diego López

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Syazel polycounter lvl 8
I'm a 3D game environment artist from Colombia, in this sketchbook I want to put small practices, things I do on my free time or more big personal projects. I have a long way to go and hope this keeps me working, motivated and improving over time. C&C are most welcome.

Replies

• Syazel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Syazel polycounter lvl 8
    So I wanted to make a cute milkshake as this weekend practice, doing this I found liquids and creamy stuff textures quite difficult for me atm.
    Made in Maya and Painter, Rendered on Toolbag.

• Syazel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Syazel polycounter lvl 8
    Decided to make a relighting on one of my older scenes, using what I've learned about dynamic lighting in UE4, Distance fields, a bit of LPV, volumetric fog and so on.

This is the older setup for comparison, very dark shadows, looking kind of flat overall:

• Syazel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Syazel polycounter lvl 8
    I made a few changes based on feedback I got on The Empire discord: Lawn mowed, changed background to something more harmonious with the cottage itself, toned down the fog, add more SS to the left tree and warmed the scene a bit. Also updated the old project on Artstation (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qEyVL) I think I will call this one finished and move on  =)