Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Obstacle Course WIP - Looking for feedback

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BurningIce polycounter lvl 9
Been a long time, working on this off and on between gigs, but now that things are slowing down, I'm trying to motivate myself into working on more personal projects. Never actually did one of these body mechanics sequences before, so here's a WIP on a looped obstacle course. C&C always welcome and appreciated :)

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/714dcf264d6a/#1538991/1750572

Replies

• tyree1
    Offline / Send Message
    tyree1 polycounter lvl 2
    that is a loose character looks good
  • tholmes3d
    Offline / Send Message
    tholmes3d polycounter lvl 11
    Can you post this on syncsketch so we can frame through?
  • BurningIce
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! SyncSketch added to main post.
  • tholmes3d
    Offline / Send Message
    tholmes3d polycounter lvl 11
    I added some notes on synsketch. Overall this is looking awesome. Lot's of great use of stretch without breaking the character by being too heavy handed with it. Aside from the specific notes I left, my one overall note is that I don't really understand this characters abilities. He seems clearly superhuman with his abilities, but he's scared to jump that small gap? And then right after being afraid of the small gap, he runs up a wall so fast that he has to hold on so he doesn't fly off the top? It feels like the acting pieces and the action pieces are two different characters. Other than that, the animation is looking great. I can't wait to see future iterations.
  • BurningIce
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow! Thanks for all the notes! It's easy to lose track of stuff like this when its spread out over so long and large gaps of actually working on it. I'll  definitely add some more polish to it and try to tighten some acting choices and timings.