Home Technical Talk

How to "Paste" Edge Selection from CreaseSet modifier to editable poly?

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9

Hello
I have a problem, i want to get a selection of "outer edges" of any mesh (See picture below). Im using the CreaseSet modifier in 3ds max (2017) for this (with default settings). Its makes the selection of "outer edges" of the mesh easy as nothing. Im not aware of any other technique (maybe some plugin/script?) that will allow this selection of "outer edges" of a mesh - see picture below.
So i use creaseset modifier for this, it select the outer edges of a mesh for me easily. But then i need to operate with this edges selection in "normal 3ds max workflow" - in editable poly, or edit poly modifier etc. But im not able (if it is even possible?) to "pass" this edge selection from the crease set modifier for normal work with edges like for example - extrude, chamfer etc.
Nothing seems to do the job:
"Named selection sets", convert to editable poly, placing edit poly modifier on top of the crease set modifier... it doesnt allow to "pass" the selection away...
1) Is there a way how to do it?
2) Is there some other workflow (or even a script or plugin) that lets me select the "outer edges" of a mesh?
Picture:

Replies