Armature Studio is looking to hire a well experienced contract VFX Artist to design, create and implement amazing visual effects for our games. The VFX Artist will work closely with the game designers, engineers and other artists to create visual excitement in our games, to enhance the player experience.
Relocation assistance not available for this position. This role is not available for remote work.
If interested in applying, send resume and a link to your portfolio to: [email protected]
- Creation of real-time particle systems and shaders within UE4.
- Modeling and texture creation needed for VFX.
- Work closely with Project Vision Holder to maintain Armature’s visual standards.
- Collaborate with the Design and Engineering team for iteration and implementation.
- Communicate with Production to meet publishing schedules.
- Predict and manage asset file size for efficient performance, and optimize assets accordingly.
- Contribute to R&D by exploring new techniques, tools and best practices.
- Act proactively, self managing your time and seeking out tasks that remain undone.
- Minimum 3 years in the game industry as a VFX Artist, with at least 1 published game.
- Demo reel that displays real-time VFX experience and technical achievements.
- Experience in Maya 3D software package.
- Solid understanding of 2D applications, including Photoshop and After Effects.
- Experience in Houdini and other simulation tools.
- Real-time particle experience in UE4, including Materials, Blueprints and Cascade.
- Demonstrable knowledge of compositing.
- Self-organize own time and work relative to project deadlines.
- Ability to estimate tasks and schedule milestones with Production.
- A passion for games, with an interest in VR.
- Animation experience – an understanding of movement and timing within particle effects.
- Local to Austin, Texas.
- Scripting in both Python and Mel.
- Previous experience with 3D mobile game development.
- Previous experience with VR game development.
- Creating particle shaders in HLSL/CG code.
- Experience with UE4 Niagara.