Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Patrick Mahomes Head Bust Work-In-Progress (Feedback Needed)

Douthwaite_Simon
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Douthwaite_Simon polycounter lvl 6
So my new project is something that I've been wanting to do for a fair while now, and that is a head bust of the Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Patrick Mahomes. So I've spent a fair while attempting to create this head bust in ZBrush. I have made the head bust in ZBrush with his jersey being made in Marvelous Designer and hair to be created using Fibermesh in ZBrush before XGen will replace it for the low-poly version.

Here's my current progress so far, I plan to make the hair using XGen for the low poly version once it is finished and in a state where i can carry it to the next stage. I will keep updating this as I go along. All feedback is welcome :)

Replies

• Douthwaite_Simon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here's where I'm at now, I've thinned out the eyebrows and adjusted the cheekbones and the nose a little bit. I've also added more to the eyebrow bone as it didn't look right before. I've also moved the headband so that it is more bunched up around the back of the head

Next step is to add the skin details and then it'll be ready for retopo :)
  • Douthwaite_Simon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calling this sculpt done now. Added a blockout of the hair to fix any issues with the hair while I've been working on the topology of the clothes. Going to add any skin details now and then the head is ready for full retopology.

• Douthwaite_Simon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So moving on, with the topology completed and unwrapped, I've started texturing him in Substance Painter. I'm aiming for accuracy to the Kansas City Chiefs home jersey that Patrick Mahomes wears, complete with all the necessary decals.

• Douthwaite_Simon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So having worked on this for a couple of days, I went back and reworked on areas that needed to be fixed and changed, such as the bow of his top lip and the shape and size of the nose and the general shape of the head before working on the skin textures.

I think it's starting to get close but it's not 100% right now. I'm going to add this into marmoset with all the lights and see if it's just me or if there are areas on the texture I could tweak and finish