Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kriss Vector Configurator (WIP)

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi Polycount! this is my final year project!
Renders are showing my own personal favourite setup! this is a configurator i have made to help show off the assets i have created, everything here is done from scratch by me with a little assistance within ue4 blueprint.
Link to the Video of the working configurator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdZsvzyWJc
Credit to Kalem Rose for help/guidance constructing the configurator (this was my first time doing blueprint)
Any and all feedback is welcomed, dont hesitate to ask anything!

Replies

• Pirax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pirax triangle
    This is really cool, nice configurator! Hope your pleased with the result. Did you use your own bloom shape for the radial bloom?
  • Barney_III
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nope, its a combination of volumetric fog and the use of ray traced lighting, because its such a small scene i thought id try and push it as far as i could hence i have chosen to do simulated ray traced lighting/fogs. Hope that helps!
  • lukaskut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks neat! One of my favorite guns in mw3 :P
  • Fridock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fridock polycounter lvl 11
    Pretty awesome lighting setup, wouldn't even mind buying it
  • Barney_III
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fridock said:
    Pretty awesome lighting setup, wouldn't even mind buying it
    Thank you my dude!! Unfortunately I'm not allowed to sell due to it being my academic university work, I can't commercially sell it, however I can tell you that it is build from 3 rectangle lights within ue4. One at around 30° downwards facing towards the top edge of the gun, one facing directly in line with the camera and then one behind to assist the flashlight in giving the effect of having a rim light! Obviously due to being a configurator it is all also dynamic lighting! 
  • Fridock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fridock polycounter lvl 11
    Mind sharing your key light parameters (the one faceing gun's center, biggest one)? RGB Color, brightness, etc or what else there is to it
  • teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    There are a few issues with the model but i can overlook them because it looks so cool. One thing tho, the rect light is visible in the reflection on the back wall. Maybe raise the roughness of the wall and maybe add a grunge texture to it
  • Barney_III
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 said:
    There are a few issues with the model but i can overlook them because it looks so cool. One thing tho, the rect light is visible in the reflection on the back wall. Maybe raise the roughness of the wall and maybe add a grunge texture to it
    Hi teodar23!, i thought id managed to catch a lot of the defects but please please point them out so i can make this better! its my final year project and so id love for it to be perfect!! i promise i wont be offended if you rip it apart :D 
  • teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool

Red - edges too sharp
    Green - this shape is a half pyramid not a cube, except for the top part where it is straight and has a small gap for the stock to get "stuck" when its collapsed
    Blue - this is flush with the rest of the body
    Yellow - there is some weird polygonal waviness there, really minor
    Also this part is straight not curved

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Another small issue is that your top rail has 30 gaps and it should have 32... i know, its nitpicking, but im in the process of making a vector so these small details are etched into my brain these days. :)