Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modeling Reel_Ale Anilom

Hello all! Please check out my 3D Modeling Demo Reel (one more project will be added soon) but, this is basically the finished reel. Please, comment and critique your thoughts on how I can improve. Thank you for your time  :3 

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Heyo, cool stuff! Here's some thoughts;

- Don't make a reel; use artstation and post stills, unless you're going for character art.
    - Your witch isn't good enough to land you a job as a character artist, I would take this out of your portfolio,
    - Sushi scene is cool! Love the texturing and lighting. Some of your ice isn't floating which is weird. This looks like sub-d modeling, yeah? You need to start adding support loops. You could also have used less divisions in some of your round props, and your spoon is far far too high poly. If it wasn't sub-d, you're using too many polygons.
    - Your car comes off as a toy, but the texturing of the wheels tells me otherwise. I don't think this should be in your portfolio. Also, wayyyy too much geo.
    - Kitchen is nice, but needs some clutter and character, unless you're going for archviz.

I think your portfolio needs some work showing you can do sub-d, or real time assets, to a professional level. Right now your wireframes are giving away that your meshes aren't really that efficient for either. What's your next project?
  • AMolina6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the final version! Thank you all! :3