Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Heavenly" - Game ready character

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Yahya_Jadi polycounter lvl 7
So I finally have the occasion to post again! 
Here's a character I've been working on and finished recently that I called "Heavenly", fully optimized and rendered in UE.
More renders on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4kGAz4

Replies

• OutlawHue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutlawHue polycounter lvl 8
    I like the disarrayed hair look. Also nice pose

Crits:
    Human anatomy  needs a good amount of tweaking especially the head/face.
    Eyebrows need more work
    More separation in material qualities (skin, eyes, hair clothes)
    The hair material is not like human hair....almost like suede

Keep at it!
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    I would really recommend that you make a wip thread for your next project so you can post updates on your project and get critique as you work on it instead of just posting a finished piece, i think you would get more out of it. Next time take a bit more time getting the face and anatomy right, those are tricky subjects
  • Yahya_Jadi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yahya_Jadi polycounter lvl 7
    OutlawHue said:
    I like the disarrayed hair look. Also nice pose

Crits:
    Human anatomy  needs a good amount of tweaking especially the head/face.
    Eyebrows need more work
    More separation in material qualities (skin, eyes, hair clothes)
    The hair material is not like human hair....almost like suede

Keep at it!
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I had the most trouble when doing facial anatomy and hair, those were the main points I pinned down to address in the upcoming projects.
    Keep up the good work!

I would really recommend that you make a wip thread for your next project so you can post updates on your project and get critique as you work on it instead of just posting a finished piece, i think you would get more out of it. Next time take a bit more time getting the face and anatomy right, those are tricky subjects
    I totally agree. I think It boils down to some kind of fear? I'm not used to this since this my very first full-fledged game character and I think I was fearful of the feedback honestly xD I'll make sure to post WIPs on the forums next time.
    And you're right anatomy is a tricky subject, I'll focus more on the upcoming project.