Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

LTX Concept

Hi there, whoever sees this. Hope you well :) Wanna share with you my recent personal work, LTX.

Project created with blender, photoshop and a little bit of marvelous designer. Special mention to blender addons MeshMachine, HardOps, DecalMachine and BoxCutter, those tools changed the way i work (in a very good way). I am not gonna talk much about technical side of this, but feel free to ask questions, if you have any, i will try to answer. Can't say exactly, how much time it took me to finish (worked in my free time, intermittently), rough estimation - about 100 hour of work.

Please let me know what you think, if you have a minute. Feedback, positive and negative, is appreciated.

Couple of links:
My artstation: https://www.artstation.com/nikvili
Project files for study on gumroad for those who interested: https://gum.co/OhIdM

Marvelous designer was used to make center "hose" "shell".

The thing is rigged, but it's very simple rig, just for posing purposes (sorry my crappy animation).

This "character" is a part of rather creepy sci-fi story i am (trying to) write. Sorry it's russian only, it would take me forever to translate and write it in english. :) But it's only notes, so you don't miss much.

Be safe! :)

Replies

• defragger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    dope! Love all those details and the silhouette is great too.
    Some of the renders could have a bit more lighting but overall outstanding work.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    great renders, great design.

did you concept the thing first or just make it up with 3d?
  • nikvili
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger said:
    dope! Love all those details and the silhouette is great too.
    Some of the renders could have a bit more lighting but overall outstanding work.
    Thank you for your feedback! :) I will keep it in mind on my next work!

great renders, great design.

did you concept the thing first or just make it up with 3d?
    Thank you, Alex! Glad you liked it. Usually i start by drawing by hand on paper (just very rough sketches) until it "clicks" and i start to see something. :) After that i take it to 3D and trying to refine design as i go.