2D Environment Concept Artist
The Odd Gentlemen, a multi-award winning, independent, narrative video game studio and creators of King’s Quest (2016) and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is looking for a talented 2D environment concept artist to join our (currently remote) team. We are currently staffing up on our upcoming innovative, narrative title. Follow @theoddgentlemen
on twitter for the latest job updates.
The Odd Gentlemen is looking to hire a passionate and inspired individual to join our art team in bringing a fantastical
world to life. We are looking to bring on a 2D environment concept artist to help us visualize whimsical and diverse environments full of color and creativity. Our ideal candidate has a diverse portfolio consisting of different styles and techniques.
- Create inspirational environment concepts to define artistic vision that supports the narrative game design
- Produce creative designs from initial sketches to final concepts
- Gather and organize references for concept development
- Create concepts for fantastical environments with a strong focus on color scripting and mood
- Paint color scripts that tell a story through the color progression that fit with the narrative and game design needs
- Being an extension of the art direction but also not afraid to be creatively bold in pushing creativity to new heights
- 3+ years of concept viz dev production experience
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop or digital illustration equivalent
- Understanding of traditional artistic skills, composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, and graphic design.
- Ability to observe, research, and analyze a variety of subject matters (i.e., history, architecture, construction, and how things are made)
- Solid drawing fundamentals, along with traditional painting and rendering techniques.
- Demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive workflow
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
Please email [email protected]
with a resume, cover letter, and portfolio materials or links. Additionally, an art test will be required.
About the Odd Gentlemen
The Odd Gentlemen is an independent game studio passionate about creating innovative gameplay with narrative and puzzle elements that feature experiences that can be shared together and enjoyed by a wide audience.
Over the last 11 years they have shipped more than 40 SKUs and partnered with 2K Games, Activision, Disney, and Starburns Industries. The studio has garnered multiple game of the year awards and strives to push the boundaries of mechanics, aesthetics, and story within the interactive space. They are best known for the critically acclaimed games King's Quest and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom