Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sandworm of Arakkis

Who's looking forward to Denis Villeneuve's DUNE?

Replies

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    I'm excited! I have confidence that the movie will at least look gorgeous. If 2049 is any indication of the type of cinematography we'll get, then I cant wait

What medium is this piece? Looks like a digital painting

Also, great Hitchiker's name
  • Slartibartfast
    bkost said:
    I'm excited! I have confidence that the movie will at least look gorgeous. If 2049 is any indication of the type of cinematography we'll get, then I cant wait

What medium is this piece? Looks like a digital painting

Also, great Hitchiker's name
    Hey Bkost!

It's full 3d--using Blender to Substance Painter to PS. The denoise on it gives it an every so slight painterly look. I didn't mind it for this piece. It's funny, I added a denoise in the post compositing in Blender, then I added a slight bit of noise in PS...funny.

I'm super excited for the new DUNE. For some reason Villeneuve didn't go with Deakins for the cinematography this time, but I hear from people that saw a sneak peak at screencaps that the film looks incredible. It's too bad...Deakins is probably the best DP in cinema history. But I hear we won't be disappointed.

Hey another Hitchhikers fan! Nice. 

Thanks for the comment. 
  • Sora123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sora123 polycounter lvl 5
    I dident even know he was making that... I'm hype now XD
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, just finished the first book, and I'm pumped!

Something about the composition of your image doesn't sit right with me. It's also got a very grainy render. Looks like it could be in the beginning of a sandstorm.
  • Slartibartfast
    Hey, just finished the first book, and I'm pumped!

Something about the composition of your image doesn't sit right with me. It's also got a very grainy render. Looks like it could be in the beginning of a sandstorm.
    Hmm, right on. I actually really dig the composition. I don't know. This is basically the composition I took from a famous Sandworm illustration. Maybe I'll play around with it some more.

Ya, I actually added grain/noise in PS after the fact. And honestly, I'm doing some iterations of the Sandworm where heavy amounts of sand is flying off the top of his body...it's difficult to get looking right with particles. Getting there though.

I appreciate the comment.