Home Marmoset

Marmoset to Substance Painter - Normal seams

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Skeepy polycounter lvl 5
Hey all, I'm getting seams in substance painter from normals baked in marmoset. From within Marmoset - I've tried changing the tangent space to every single option, but each one is giving me this seam inside substance painter. 

I've tried flipping the Y channel, switching between openGL and direct X from within substance painter, but every time - I get those seams.

I saw that some where fixing this by exporting as a triangulated fbx, but that didn't fix the issue. 

I baked normals from within substance painter and it fixed it.

so, I'm led to believe this is purely a problem with my normals export from Marmoset. I'm out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

Any help you could provide would be amazing, thanks so much. 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    The best tangent space in Toolbag to use would be Mikktspace. When importing a Toolbag baked normal you would want to select OpenGL in Painter, or invert the green channel before importing and select DirectX. Triangulating is always a good idea as well.

If none of that solves it I'm not sure what the problem could be. Is it a solid mesh along this seam line or is it split into two meshes? Is this a single UV layout or are you using multiple texture sets, with sets split along this UV edge?