Home Technical Talk

Hi! UVMaster problem, and polypaint to texture issue

inahhh
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
inahhh polycounter lvl 3
Hello!
I am at this point on my model: i sculpted and polypainted it. Now i am trying to move on to texturing, or unwraping, or baking, wich are terms i dont understand completely. My question is mainly how should i move on in the learning process. I´ m having problems finding good tutorials about this, and my pc is crashing when doing some things.

For example,

One of the things i have tried is creating first a UVP, but inmediatly my polypaint moves to the wrong place, so i stop there. I dont know if i can place it on the right place or what should i do. 

Then i tried to use UV Master but when unwraping it crashes, i used decimate, and it did something but it is still to slow (in this case it might be a computer thing, but previously it was working perfectly), and in the model i dont have lower levels, (my bad probably).

After doing some unwraping with UVMaster, after decimate, amd Zremesher, i copied the uvs, and try to apply to the high res model, and it is also stretched and displaced.

Basically, as i am learning, my question is where should i go from here, or which good sources you recommend for texture and Uvmaps and baking learning.

I did some test renders using just my polypaint and keyshot.