Home Technical Talk

Scriptbook: Jukov.CG

Jukov.CG
interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Jukov.CG interpolator
Hi there!
Here in this topic I'm going to post my little scripts and assistance tools for Maya and ZBrush! You may get them in the store on ArtStation or Gumroad. I use PyMel and Maya Python API for writing scripts.
Welcome!

Replies

• Jukov.CG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jukov.CG interpolator

[Maya] Curves From Tubes

I'd like to represent you the tool for creating curves from tubes for Maya. Its main advantage is easiness of using. You may just select the geometry and the script will analise selection and create curves where it's possible. You may even select a group or tubes merged together.
  • Jukov.CG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jukov.CG interpolator

[Maya] Mesh To UV Morph

This script creates geometry morph in the form of UV. Just select geometry or a group with different meshes and run the script. It's necessary that geometry is cut along UV seams. This tool may be used for detalization of clothes, creating chainmail, etc. Rhombuses of the shirt from preview were made by this way.

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Just fyi, the link to the UV morph artstation page is broken in the above post.

Also, I like the idea of coding sketchbook threads here, where people interested in scripts can actually find it. :) (wanted the say that just in case any mods consider moving this to the regular sketchbook section.)
  • Jukov.CG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jukov.CG interpolator
    PolyHertz said:
    Just fyi, the link to the UV morph artstation page is broken in the above post.
    Thank you! Fixed it.
    PolyHertz said:
    Also, I like the idea of coding sketchbook threads here, where people interested in scripts can actually find it. :) (wanted the say that just in case any mods consider moving this to the regular sketchbook section.)
    I considered this format handy enough. Hope, it won't be moved =)

• Jukov.CG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jukov.CG interpolator

[Maya] Select To Sew Border UV

This is the script for Maya that makes it easier to select edges for sewing shells in the UV Editor. Just select one edge and run the script. The algorithm will find and select the edges required to sew the shell regarding to this edge. Also there is the second mode that at once sews shells together. To make it more comfortable I'd recommend to apply the hotkey to the script.

SelectToSewBorderUV script works with Maya 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

ArtStation - Marketplace

Gumroad

YouTube

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Releases go in Technical Talk. Moving it there.