Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warframe Blade (WIP...)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
mpej429 polycounter lvl 7
Hi, I’m currently working on a blade in order to integrate it in the game as a skin (hopefully it will be included). I layered most of the ideas and refined the details/shapes. Most of the details will come inside Substance Painter now. Any advice / suggestions before I get to the texturing ? Thanks.

Replies

• mpej429
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey this topic is still alive, I've been quite busy with what's happening worldwide. I dug some time to move on and low poly my crafted weapon. So nothing really complicated besides optimising the mesh with the max polycount (3500 tris) and keep as much of the original detail as possible.
    Though I stumbled on some issues while baking, there was no other way than to create a duplicate of my lowpoly and add some geometry to help the baking process. Now it works like a charm for the most part.

;)

Here's a sneak peak to the final low poly model. The texture is still under development, but close to what I looking for.

imageimage

Any thoughts about it ? Maybe not enough "Warframish" on the details side? I'd love to know what you think about this piece!

See you soon !

• mpej429
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi again, I manged more time for this piece !
    I went for another feel about the blade, though the blade should be of steel I wanted it to be like if it was carved into an emerald stone or any coloured stone to be honest.

A color variant(s) test:

**What do you think about these ?**

• mpej429
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey hey hey a lot has been done since last time I posted. I reworked part of the blade and redesigned some of its features.. Here's the new highpoly of it:

and finally the textured version of it. It holds 3500 poly which is the limit of single weapons for the game to handle. A lot of effort retweaking the weapon over 2 months whenever I had time to work on it on my free time but finally I think I can call it done !

Hopefully this weapon will make it into the game if it has enough votes ! If you want to give a shout to this piece over de Steam Market : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2118948766
    Thanks for everyone for the support !