Home Freelance Job Postings

CLOSED: [Paid] Looking for a Character Concept Artist for a Medieval Fantasy RPG

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
XilenceX polycounter lvl 10

Hello everyone, 

Edit: This job posting is now closed! I've found three amazing concept artists for our team through this thread.
Which is all we need for now, once we need more artists for the team, there will be another job posting here.
Please accept my apologies and don't feel discouraged, if you you did not get a reply.

I’m looking for a character concept artist for a medieval fantasy RPG. 
Experience working on video game projects is a huge plus.
The Gothic II and The Witcher 3 games are the main inspiration for this project, so knowing them, or even being a fan of them is obviously an advantage, but by no means required.

This is quite a huge project, just for the next year there will be at least 20 character concepts needed. 
To start with, this contract will be for the concepts of the main character and the main antagonist.  
I’m definitely looking for freelancers to work with for a long time though. 

The main tasks of the concept artist will be:  
1. Create a concept art of the character in a natural pose.
https://www.nikoboiko.com/projects/L20XW5
Credit: Niko Boiko. This image is just an example reference, it has nothing to do with the project itself.

A drawing style / level of detail similar to this one should be used. As the in-game models will have hand drawn textures as well, but they’ll have realistic human proportions. (Unlike many other stylized art styles.) 

2. After this concept art is approved by me, draw a front, side and back T-Pose view of the character. 

These concepts will be done based on detailed descriptions by the writers working on the project already. As well as some reference images, as needed. Overall, I want to strike a good balance between providing guidance on what to draw, and allowing your creative talents to shine.  

The application process will have two steps. 

The first is that you send the following information: 

- A link to your online portfolio and / or examples of your past work in PDF form.    

- Your expected payment for a) the natural pose concept and b) the front side and back T-Pose views. 

- Optionally, a few words about projects you’ve worked on, medieval fantasy things you like etc. 

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the job. 

The second step for select candidates is an application task, which is paid at your regular payrate. 
It’s to draw one of the two main characters in a natural pose.  
A detailed character description will be sent to select candidates in a reply. 
You’ll also have to sign a contract that gives me and my company the usage rights to the concept art you create for my project.  

The project is completely funded already. So, when you complete a concept art, you get paid directly and per request 50% in advance is possible. I’m looking forward to your applications!