Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scavenger - Game Character Model [ FINISHED ]

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
mdridhwanborha polycounter lvl 7
Link to Artstation >> https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mqy2WY

First of all, thank you to Polypixel Studios for giving me this chance to work on the game character model. Thank you to Alan Mach and Cody Spahr for feedback. And special credit to Mixamo for the animation and Si-Chung Yuan for spring magic script. Shout out to Oh Wang Jing for the character concept.

Lowpoly is done mostly in 3Ds Max and baking is done in Marmoset Toolbag 3. Lowpoly count is 15 825 triangles. I used 3Ds Max CAT bone system for rigging and skin weight in Max. Animation are not mine as I use the animation file from Mixamo. I transfer the animation data from Mixamo to CAT bone using the CAT animation transfer tool. I add additional bone for the face, hair, skirt, poncho and accessories. I used Si-Chung Yuan's Spring Magic script for the spring controller. I then save the mesh with animation as Alembic to be imported into Marmoset Toolbag 3 for final renders.

I had fun working from start to end. From highpoly, lowpoly, unwrap, baking, texturing, rigging and skin weight. Lot of technical fun XDDD.

Replies