Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Primaris Space Marines [FINISHED]

izu
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
izu polycounter lvl 11
Hello all!
I just wanted to share my latest project made with Unreal Engine and Quixel Megascans. The environment is made with Megascans Sandstone collection except for a few minor assets I made myself. This was my first project working with Unreal and Megascans and I really like how fluid it all was to get a scene up and running!
The Space Marines are made with cinematics in mind so I've used 4k textures and geo for hair, just to test it out! Really fun project.

Let me know what you think!

Wasn't sure if I could upload videos here but if you want to look at them they are up on my Artstation post.

/Mikael

Replies

• Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will_Maccabe polycounter lvl 3
    Great work! I love 40k, and I really dig the helmet design.
    I think it is a mark 6 as opposed to the mark 7 (?), which we see more often. Good choice anyway. 

The textured face is simply amazing and he actually looks like a genetically bred space marine.  
    You should work on the next Ultramarine or 40K movie with this level of skill and feel for the franchise.

p.s. They are great videos also!  So you know, you can embed videos on polycount via youtube, if that helps.
  • izu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    izu polycounter lvl 11
    Thank you Will_Maccabe!
    I'm by no means an expert but I looked at references for the newer Primaris Space Marines, so it should be a Mark X type of armor if I'm not mistaken. Not that it really matters, it's all cool!

Ok good to know regarding videos, I will keep that in mind for future posts!
  • izu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    izu polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks JustAfterDark !
    Yeah I did that too back in school, loved to paint but sucked at playing it. Really like the universe, so much cool stuff.