Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Moscow Subway - Stylized (UE4)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
jesenik polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone!

This is part of a bigger scene I am working on. My main focus was to get into Substance Painter and try to produce something stylized using PBR in Unreal Engine 4. Greatly inspired by a concept from Adeliia Koldarova.

Comments and critiques are more then welcome!

Replies

• kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 9
    I wouldn't necessarily call it stylized, but i do like the style of it. 
    Can you tell us a bit more about how you went and did the animation? was it done in unreal?
  • jesenik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure!
    The background is very simple: just a really long plane with a pretty blurred emissive texture panned across the uvs to simulate the ride.

Other than that there are only two keyframed 5s long looping animations: one for the camera to simulate the camera bounces and the other one for the background plane to simulate the train bounces.

edit: typos.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    This is pretty cool. Something I would try is adding a bit of vertex animation/noise to the drum sticks and guitar case. Seems a bit odd with everything moving about and not seeing bit of subtle animation there. 
  • jesenik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is pretty cool. Something I would try is adding a bit of vertex animation/noise to the drum sticks and guitar case. Seems a bit odd with everything moving about and not seeing bit of subtle animation there. 

Thank you for your kind words and for the feedback! You are right, I should have made the scene itself more dynamic, it feels pretty static to me now as well after you pointed it out, haha. Well, next scene will be hopefully better :)